Who Is Allegion
Allegion is a global security products and solutions company with a rich history dating back to 1873. The company was founded in Lockport, New York, by Henry G. Sessions, who began manufacturing door locks in a small workshop.
Over the years, Allegion has grown to become one of the world's leading security companies. The company has acquired a number of other security brands, including Adams Rite, Schlage, and Yale.
Allegion's products and solutions are used in a variety of applications, including homes, businesses, and schools. The company's products are designed to keep people safe and secure, and they are backed by a commitment to innovation and quality.
Here are some of the key milestones in Allegion's history:
- 1873: Henry G. Sessions founds the company in Lockport, New York.
- 1905: The company introduces the first Adams Rite deadbolt.
- 1920: The company introduces the first Schlage cylindrical lock.
- 1970: The company introduces the first Yale electronic lock.
- 2000: The company merges with Security Door Controls.
- 2013: The company merges with ASSA ABLOY.
Today, Allegion is a global company with operations in over 100 countries. The company employs over 16,000 people and generates annual revenue of over $2 billion.
Allegion is committed to providing innovative security products and solutions that keep people safe and secure. The company is also committed to sustainability and social responsibility.
For more information about Allegion, please visit the company's website: https://www.allegion.com/